ISO 9001 QUALITY
CPS has a commitment to quality that has resulted in the development of an ISO 9001 accredited quality system focused on absolute customer satisfaction, and a relentless pursuit of continuous innovation. To that end, CPS has implemented quality checks and continuous innovation processes throughout our business, ensuring that not just the final assembly, but every component is manufactured to specification and performs as expected. All employees are encouraged and expected to provide innovations to improve the quality and performance of our products.
The quality assurance system is made up of three key activities as follows:
1. Motivation and training of employees
CPS has a strong teamwork ethic, supported by a world-class visual workplace system. Each member of the CPS team is aligned to the vision and objectives of the company and participates in progress against balanced key performance indicators. Training and multi-skilling of suitably qualified operators is an important focus.
2. Component, product and process inspections:
As part of our quality control system, measurements of products and processes occur continuously throughout the facility. This ensures that any variation is detected as soon as it occurs, with a focus on achieving a “right first time” production environment.
- Scheduled automatic and manual measurements of parts
- Go/No-Go gauging throughout the factory
- Logs of measurements taken on parts to ensure traceability
- Logs of machine performance over time to preempt machinery-induced quality variation
- Visual workplace and lean production system to ensure that unexpected changes are obvious before they become problems
- Random supervisor inspections, measurements and evaluations throughout the manufacturing process
3. Product and component performance testing
CPS has a fully-equipped test lab with the ability to run various tests on finished rollers and components. Tests ensure that rollers and components perform as expected and as required; assisting in continuous innovation via research, development and improvement of our products and processes.
- Rim drag and start up drag testing
- Loaded roller dynamic testing
- Static load-to-failure testing capability
- Complex dimensional measurement
- Dynamic balance testing
- Elevated temperature measurements and thermal behaviour safety investigation
CPS also has partnerships with renowned labs, both within the conveyor industry and outside of it, allowing us to perform more complex testing as required.